Welcome to S5A at Home!
We miss teaching you soccer, so we have come up with a program that will help you continue to practice safe at home.
What is S5A at Home?
It is a weekly plan with daily activities consisting of three areas: Technical, Physical, and Soccer Trivia. New activities posted daily (Monday-Friday), all of which you can practice in the comfort of your own home.
When does it start?
Every Monday we will start with a new week.
Week 1: April 20th - 24th
Week 2: April 27th - May 1st
Week 3: May 4th - 8th
Week 4: May 11th - 15th
Week 5: May 18th - 22nd
Week 6: May 25th - May 29th
How to do it?
- Follow us on Instagram @soccer5academy to access daily skills
- Make time in your schedule to practice every day
- When practicing the technical activities, we recommend a work to rest ratio of 1:1. For example, if you’re practicing in blocks of 1 minute long, you should rest for 1 minute in between
- Use the Homework Scorecard to track your progress!
- Parents: show us your child's skills! Share on Instagram using #Soccer5Academy and #S5AatHome and tag us!
Be safe, don’t break any furniture, and most importantly, make sure to follow the guidelines on preventing the spread of COVID-19.
As part of the joint effort we all have in fighting against the Coronavirus, please consider:
- It is imperative that all activities outlined are conducted in-line with local government and CDC Guidelines.
- The health and safety of each individual player takes precedent over these training plans.
- Many local governments have closed down public parks and gyms; therefore, the activities have been designed for at-home implementation.
- To minimize exposure, the exercises should be done individually. We are not recommending small group or partnered training activities.
- As a reminder to our previous communications, if you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop symptoms – which the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) describe as fever, cough, or difficulty breathing – call your healthcare provider for medical advice.
- For more information on COVID-19 prevention, click here.